Answering Catholicism With Questions
According to The Official Catechism of the Catholic Church, Pope John Paul II, and the Council of Trent, there are 125 canons and decrees you must agree with and obey, or Rome curses you to the everlasting flames of Hell! Can you name even one of these 125 canons and decrees?
Here’s a sample of what you must believe or, according to Rome, or be damned forever!
- Catholics and Muslims worship the same God.
- The bread and wine of the Eucharist becomes the literal, physical body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you say they are only symbols of Christ, Rome pronounces you anathema (damned forever).
- The priest has the power and the authority to forgive sin.
- Remaining a virgin or celibate is a happier state than being married.
- The pope is incapable of error when he speaks on matters of faith and morals.
- You cannot be saved by the merits of Christ alone.
The implication is clear—Christ’s death on the cross was not sufficient to pay for our sin. Yet, Jesus said to the thief on the cross (when he repented of his sin), “This day you shall be with Me in Paradise.” Logically, they are either both wrong, or one is right and the other is wrong. With eternity hanging in the balance, understanding God’s plan of salvation really is a matter of life and death!
As a former Roman Catholic myself, I love Catholics; I have family and friends who are Catholic. This book is not an attack on Catholic people. This is an honest look at the Roman Catholic doctrine of salvation, and God’s grace; revealed in the Holy Bible and realized through a personal, love-relationship with our great God and Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!